Monday, April 18, 2011

I'm Not A Happy Camper


Momma wasn't happy with me this morning.  Today was my 4th Monday in my new home and I woke up to a disaster.  I refused to go outside because of what was out there.  I put my paws down, ran into Daddy's office, and climbed up on the sofa to snuggle with my fuzzy pink pillow.  I'm was comforted, temporarily, by it's softness but soon Momma came to get me.  She carried me, kicking and screaming, into the disaster.  I'm scarred for life, and it's all her fault.


Welcome to the disaster that was my backyard this morning.  I flat out refused to get my tippy toes full of this cold, white stuff.  What happened overnight?  I was just out here late last night and the weather was perfect.  My foster mom neglected to warn me about this white stuff so I'm off to write her a letter just as soon as I finish this post.


Momma told me that I had to stay out until I did my business but I couldn't find a drop spot to do it.  I searched and searched for just a teeny dry spot.  Back and forth I went, Momma standing over me calling out words of encouragement.


The safest spots were near the bushes but I still had to get my toes wet - yuk!


I finally found a spot!  It was all I could do to keep from shivering as I did what I had to do.  I don't know why Momma didn't think to put my coat or at least a sweater on me but she claims it's because it was hard enough just to get me outside.  Excuses, excuses!


There was no way I was staying out in that mess one second longer than I had to so after I did the job, I hightailed it back into the nice warm house.


I decided the best way to spend the snow day was with my pink stuffies, so that's what I did.  We had a little anti-snow party in the family room, complete with treats and music.  I wasn't going to let the snow ruin my day.  My stuffies and I decided that we are going to be snowbirds but don't tell Momma.  I need to break it to her gently that we are leaving as soon as winter arrives.  I'm hoping she'll decide to join us in a warmer climate.

11 comments:

  1. I was very surprised to see that white stuff this morning, too, Tiffy! I don't think we had quite as much as you did, but it still wasn't a welcome sight! I'm sorry you had to go out in that -- the least your momma should have done was cleared a spot for you to do your business, maybe a little blow dryer action to melt and dry the wet white so you wouldn't have to get your TiffyToes wet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Tiffy, we are afraid you are in for a rude awakening later on this year. We've heard it snows a heck of a lot where you live now. You aren't alone though. We are NOT fans of that stuff. We're luck because it doesn't snow that much here, thank dog. And when it snowed over a foot, mom carried us outside and put us under the deck so we could potty on the ground, like we're supposed to!
    You can come stay here next winter, Tiffy. Your parents, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you had to go out in the snow, but Tweedles can tell you that it's all part of nature and it won't hurt you! Your pink pillow is very nice, as are your stuffies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry, Tiffy. I hate the cold white stuff too. I live here in Texas, where you came from. It's pretty hot here, and really windy.

    If we could just find a happy medium.

    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffy all we can say is girl we feel your pain. We moved hear to find that stuffs everywhere! Ugh. We hope next time she at least puts a sweater on ya!

    Hugs
    S&P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm totally jealous!! I want to see snow. We don't have any here in the bay area, but we have some a few hours away. I want mom and dad to take me and Spencer to the snow. I want to make yellow snow..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gee wiz Tiffy. You really are gettin' the business these days. Big scary sucking nonwhite. Cold wet, whit stuff to pee on. You need a party, and I promise I am working on it. Mom had serious stuff to post about,so I let her borrow the blog, but get ready for some good times. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa Ho! We hear that Tiffy! We are very over the snow. There were some dry spots on the deck, so we could do our "business", but it SPRING! the white stuff should be long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scarlet said to let you know that eventually with LOTS of treats you will get used to the snow. She's a southern girl too & thinks the northern white stuff is just utterly ridiculous.

    ♥♥♥
    Meredith & Scarlet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tiffy
    Your little tippy toes got so wet!
    If your mamma puts the sweater on you,, you will like it,, and then you can do zoomies in the snow,, and kick it,, and make a snow man!
    You are so cute trying to get under the bushes where it was dry,,, your so smart,,,
    and we love the photo of you with your stuffys,, you are sooooo adorables,,,
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh look at that snow!
    i bet your cute texas toesies did not know what to do!
    pink stuffies are the perfect solution to a snow day!
    you are always thinking!
    xoxoxo
    a & m

    ReplyDelete